Flash or install Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 firmware can repair many software problems in your device and restore or unbrick your smartphone.
Disclaimer: Flashing a firmware is not without risks. If you don’t do it properly, you might render your phone inoperable. If you decide to proceed we won’t be liable to whatever might get wrong (neither we could provide technical support). You are flashing at your own risk.
What do you need to flash your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160?
- A Computer with Windows Operating System.
- Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
- Odin3 software downloads from here.
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 firmware downloads from here.
- Samsung USB driver for mobile phone downloads from here.
- Make sure you’ve 50% or fully charged your phone battery. ALWAYS flash your phone with battery inserted.
- Do not turn off / Remove USB Cable while flashing.
- Flash Correct Firmware File; otherwise your device may become HARD BRICK means DEAD!
- Read Flashing Instructions Carefully.
Step 1: Boot your Device into Download Mode
Power off your device, press and hold Volume Down key, Home Key and Power Key (some device Volume Down key + Power Key only), when your device vibrates, release Power key while keep holding the Volume Down key and Home key until you see Download Mode. (Some device will ask you to Press the [Volume Up] key to continue, and then you will see a download mode).
Step 2: Run ODIN and Load the Firmware into Odin
Please make sure “Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Options Tab on Odin screen.
At the Files [Download] section add the flash files:
- Press on BL / Bootloader button: Browse and select the Bootloader file of Ace 2 GT-I8160 firmware. “The file must be having the word BOOT in its name”
- Press on AP / PDA button: Browse and select the PDA File of Ace 2 GT-I8160 firmware “The flash file must be having the word PDA or CODE in its name”
- Press on CP / Phone button: Browse and select the MODEM file of Ace 2 GT-I8160 firmware. “The file must be having the word MODEM in its name”
- Press on CSC button: Browse and select the CSC File of Ace 2 GT-I8160 firmware “The flash file must be having the word CSC in its name”
Step 3: Connect your Samsung device to the computer via the USB data cable and Install the Firmware into your smartphone
Simply click that Odin’s “START” button to begin flashing. Wait and watch the progress bar as it will show you the exact time how it completes the flashing and it takes a couple of minutes before the flashing finishes, you have a time to relax for a while.
WARNING DO NOT REMOVE OR OPERATE ON YOUR DEVICE UNTIL FINISHED OR FAILED IS SHOWED ON ODIN.
Step 4: Wait until the Restoration Process completes!
When original firmware installation successfully completed, you’ll noticed that Odin displays a word “PASS” in Green or blue. This means the operation was a success. Then reboot your phone and you are done.
Flash Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 firmware done
If the flash does not complete successfully, there are two possible outcomes:
- A “soft-brick” occurs when there is a failure in the USB connection. In most cases, flashing the firmware again fixes the problem.
- A “hard-brick” occurs when the wrong firmware is used to flash the device. The problem usually involves the bootloaders. A “hard-brick” may require returning the device to Samsung for repair.
- When the device fails to connect to a cellular network, it is an indication that the firmware did not match the communication protocols used by the cellular network to which it is connected. You need to go back and choose the correct firmware.